(Saturday) 8:00 pm - 8:30 pm
1 Line Drive, Des Moines, IA 50309
Krampi handlers and those participating in costume are asked to reserve a free ticket.Help us celebrate Krampusnacht (Krampus Night, traditionally observed on December 5) a day early
Krampi handlers and those participating in costume are asked to reserve a free ticket.
Help us celebrate Krampusnacht (Krampus Night, traditionally observed on December 5) a day early with a Krampus parade at Christkindlmarket Des Moines.
A Krampuslauf (Running of the Krampuses) is a fun run or walk of celebrants dressed as the wicked beast. Dust off your Krampus costume and parade through the festival grounds. Led by Santa Claus (your handlers), take a turn through the Christkindlmarket Des Moines venue portraying traditional (and family-friendly) Krampi.
Where the parade takes you after Christkindlmarket Des Moines is up to you and your handlers. But do let the merriment continue!
Who is Krampus?
• Hear the proper pronunciation: Krampus is pronounced “krohm-poo-s” as in “con & puss,” NOT “kram-puh-s” as in “campus.
• Krampus | Wikipedia
• Video: Top 5 Krampus Facts and Origin
• Video: Krampus parade in Hollabrunn, Austria
• Video: Who Is Krampus? | National Geographic
Don’t have a Krampus costume? Here are a few resources:
• Amazon: http://ow.ly/G15B50u3HDn